December 9th, 2010 from 2:30—4pm, Yale Center for British Art, Lecture Hall
Presenters Rich House (YUAG) and Kurt Heumiller (YCBA) presented their findings on a recent side-by-side shootout with several prosumer cameras.
- Welcoming remarks
- Studio, ‘Focus On’ overview, the newly refurbished Yale Center for British Art photo studios. A date for a behind the scenes tour of the studio space will be announced soon.
- Recent collaborative work on a Yale ‘Shared Practices for Digital Imaging’ document created by the Beinecke Library, Yale Art Gallery and Yale Center for British Art for use on campus wide digitization projects.
DigitalCoffee Shared Practices [v1.0] (downloads a PDF)
- Recent Digital Camera comparison testing done of several camera systems in use in the Yale Arts and Library studios. We will be presenting information on the various cameras tested and showing samples of the files captured. The information presented will be useful for studios considering the purchase of new equipment.
- Yale University Art Gallery Presentation Powerpoint (downloads a PDF)
- Yale Center for British Art Presentation Powerpoint (downloads a PDF)
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library Presentation Powerpoint (downloads a PDF)
- Price list for cameras used in Yale camera comparison test (downloads .xls)
- reduced sized jpegs of the images generated in the test (downloads a zip file)
* Please note that any results provided are for reference only. Any opinions given are those of the speaker and there were no definitive recommendations given or a winner declared. You should feel free to download the above and make your own decisions about what would work best for your own workflow. The above image download link provides only jpegs. If full resolution tiffs are desired, contact Digital Coffee and we would be happy to send them to you.
- Questions and announcement of January/February meeting agenda. (Conservation Imaging Science)